wildwood of marengo
Wildwood thrives on the edges of the quaint city of Marengo, IL. Located 60 miles northwest of Chicago, you will find peace and serenity among the prairie and woodlands of the region. Although you may have the feeling of living in the country, you are only just a 10 minute drive to Interstate 90; linking yourself back to the urban world.
Wildwood was designed to be a sustainable lifestyle community allowing for a pastoral lifestyle, but with modern technological conveniences. Our prairie style community will partner with local growers and farmers to provide our residents with farm-fresh, organic food. Our common area grounds are designed to enhance a healthy outdoor living space for the community and engage our residents to interact with one another. Whether you stroll/jog along the hiking paths, wade in the swimming ponds, or cultivate in the community gardens, you will find a variety of activities designed for all ages and abilities.
Imagine the possibilities. Our list of amenities is just the beginning of simple ideas to grow a community.
Our community is designed to create an atmosphere that appeals to all ages and abilities. All season activities provide opportunities to move from a sedentary to an interactive lifestyle – relating with your peers and neighbors.
To be green isn’t just for frogs! You are committing to a new standard for sustainable living – thinking about future and setting an example for generations to come. Our traditional style homes have been designed with high efficiency amenities to create not only cost savings, but an eco-friendly relationship within our community, as well as a healthy environment for you and your family.
Environmental stewardship is part of our responsibility of managing our natural resources and wildlife habitats. Wildwood of Marengo is a community of those who share those philosophies.
Won’t you won’t find here…..
- High traffic areas
- City noise and congestion
- Finely manicured lawns with non-native landscaping
- Obstructive parking of recreational/utility vehicles
- Erratic scheduling of grounds maintenance throughout the community
- Use of caustic chemicals, emissions, and environmentally unfriendly practices
What you will find…..
- New innovative ways of energy conservation and savings using solar panels by Sonnen.
- A community of healthy living and a healthy lifestyle
- A residential environment integrated with nature and conservation as its theme
- Peace – tranquility – relaxation
- Shared sense of community
- Unrivaled natural front living
- Wide open spaces with room to roam